Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crappy Housewife Tip of the Day

Invest in some paper plates. Yeah, I know they're not good for the environment, but they can really help curb the growth of Dish Mountain if you use them anytime you're not having a sit-down meal. Sometimes you need to invest in your sanity.

(Besides, I have a hard time believing that a thin paper plate will have much of an environmental impact, especially when everyone likes to tell me that washing my cloth diapers is just as bad for the environment as using disposables. If that's true, then washing a plate is WORSE for the environment than using a paper plate. At least paper plates decompose.)

1 comment:

  1. We now have "green bin" organic garbage pick-up alongside our regular garbage, so I no longer feel as guilty about using paper plates since I know they're going to be composted. At Christmas when we had 3 extra adults visiting for 2 weeks and 2 tired parents due to a new baby in the house we used paper plates or napkins for breakfast, lunch and snacks and only used real dishes for supper or if the food required a bowl.

    ReplyDelete