Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crappy Housewife Tip of the Day

I don't have a dishwasher so I do all my dishes with a brush and soap. That's a lot of brushing and soaping, and in particular, I get sick of picking up that bottle of soap over and over to squirt it on stuff (liberally!). So I make a little puddle of soap at the back of the sink, next to the faucet and just dip the brush in it over and over. Works great. Also sets a great example for my 3-year-old who likes to squirt soap, glue, mustard and anything else that can be squeezed out.

1 comment:

  1. I no longer use liquid dishsoap. I use a bar of Octagon Soap, which is super cheap and works better, especially on plastic. It also rinses completely, so I don't have to smell it on the heating pans or wonder of I am feeding it to my kids! Love the stuff! Also a good stain treatment for laundry.

    ReplyDelete